Certificate IV in IT (ICA40111)
(CRICOS Code: 076558M)
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge to work in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) technologies and to support small to medium enterprises that require broad IT support.
The IT positions that are possible after achieving this qualification require a range of knowledge and skills in
- basic networking
- IT support
- database development
- programming and web development support; working safely and ethically in a sustainable work environment,
all of which are extensively researched and supported in this training.
Pathways for students to enter this qualification include:
- after achieving ICA30111 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICA30111, OR
- with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using a range of information technologies and a pass grade in the Strathfield College entry test which tests the necessary skills to complete the program.
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalency
Pathways from the qualification include ICA50111 Diploma of Information Technology, or a range of other Diploma qualifications.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Computer Technician
- Customer Support Professional
- Information Systems Operator
- PC Support
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Support
- Technical Support
- Network Operations Technician