Frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I access the timetable online?
There is a timetable available online at this link.
You can also enquire at the Student Services desk where someone can assist you should you have any further questions.
Does my course have a choice of day and evening classes?
Some of the courses have a choice but some courses are only day classes as they are subject to different conditions.
Why do I have to attend Orientation?
- Attending orientation is a condition of application for studying in Australia. It will assist you in understanding some practical issues which are a requirement for all people engaged in the workforce in Australia; such as what to do in an emergency situation, restrictions, what is required of you as a student, where to get assistance..
- It is also beneficial for you socially. You are studying in a foreign country with little or no social networks, this gives you an opportunity to address that and meet your fellow colleagues.
What is the LLN?
- The Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test is a test that is a requirement of your “study in Australia”. The Law wants it for reference so that we may show that you are able to listen, read and write in English.
- It is kept on your file strictly for our use and will not be shared with unauthorized parties
What is a student card?
- The card, which you can have made at the Student Services Desk during the day, will assist you as it has your student number on it. This number is needed whenever you need information or wish to access a service, such as paying fees, making an appointment with the director, applying for leave etc.
- The card may give you a discount at some private businesses like your gym (It will depend on the organization) but not for public transport as this is already discounted.
How long does it take to get my certificate?
- It may take up to 4 weeks. After your course is completed, the teacher will do the marking. After marking, the results have to be checked and entered onto your file. Once this process is completed, the academics administrator is able to issue your certificate.
- If you are due to return home, please email the college stating your departure date and asking for it to be done earlier. This will assist us in trying our best to meet your deadlines.
Where can I see my results?
- You can check the results of your assessments on Moodle once they are marked by your trainer.
- Alternatively you can enquire at the student services desk
What is a USI Number?
You can find all of the relevant information at this link